Wednesday 22 February 2017

Reflection Post: Assignment 3

I am, for the most part, happy with the end result of my project. There are some things that I could have done better, such as the shadow beneath my actor's feet. I almost forgot to add it and I am not entirely sure whether it is the right kind of shadow for the light in the scene. I would have liked to spend more time getting that detail right. I would have liked to try something slightly more visually interesting than a simple teleport across the screen, however I am happier with this version than the my original ideas set out in the animatic and storyboard.

I am particularly happy with the blue bubble that appears around the actor. I think that it enhances the science fiction feel of the scene and does not end up looking too amateur. I am also fairly pleased with the colour-grading. I was aiming to make the scene look gritty and serious, almost like a post-apocalyptic world.

Another element I would have like to do better was my actor. For lack of other people, I had to use myself, which made filming quite difficult. The footage that I ended up using was my second attempt, where I used a rudimentary blue-screen to remove the background. This was easier than my original plan of rotoscoping the footage, however it needed quite a lot of fiddling to make it smooth. I would have like to have spent more time on producing higher quality footage and less time on trying to cleanly remove the background.

At the beginning of this project I was unsure of what I would be expected to do and my ability to produce a decent video. I did find parts of the past three assignments rather difficult, especially the planning stages when I did not have a clear idea of what I wanted to produce. However, I feel as though I have learnt a lot during this unit and have adequately put that knowledge into practice in this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment